Welcome!


I'm glad you're here. Please make yourself at
home and enjoy this journey with me!


Saturday, February 4, 2012

Our lives are like a vapor...

Sooo....my hubs has spent recent weeknights burning family home movies/videos onto DVD. Some of them go back to the late 1950's, when we were just little people. It has been funny to observe the changes in styles, culture, etc. in these movies. What hasn't been funny is the realization of how quickly life passes by, and we don't even know it until it's already happened!

We have watched our children progress from infancy....and then the grandbabies...all in just a few hours. I have watched with some smiles, but some tears as well. Seeing video of our son, Ryan's last Christmas before he passed away was particularly difficult. It made me miss the son I knew then...the gentle heart, quick wit, broad smile and warm hugs. It made it fresh all over again. For my husband, David, it seemed to be more cathartic. I think he's afraid he'll forget something about our boy. But for me....it was hard to watch. The other day I was looking for something in one of my little jewelry boxes, and I came across the small plastic bag that held a clip of Ryan's hair that a kind nurse gave me when he passed. It took my breath away, still....after all this time. This coming April 16th will be 13 years since he left us.

But I have a choice to make.....and I choose to look forward. You see, I am, every day, another day closer to seeing him again!

Jesus said, "If I go away, I will come again and receive you unto Myself, that where I am, there you may be also." And that is the hope that gives me strength at times when the hurt resurfaces. I am one day closer today than yesterday....and if tomorrow comes, I'll be another day closer than I am today. I WILL see my boy again! Greater still....I will see my Lord Jesus, face-to-face!!

This morning I was thinking about how the Scriptures tell us that the last days would be like the days of Noah...basically, people just living life with no thought of eternity or God. We are there. All of us. Mankind. Just living life....going about our own way....and before we know it, life has passed us by. TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION. NONE OF US HAVE THE PROMISE OF TOMORROW. WHAT IF LIFE FOR YOU STOPPED TODAY?? The question I have for you, greater than any other question I could ask you: DO YOU KNOW JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR, WALKING IN PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM? If your answer is "No"....well, you can change that, right here, right now. If you will confess to Him that you are a sinner in need of His forgiveness, and will believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you can enter into a personal relationship with Jesus that is unlike any other you've ever known!! His love is AMAZING!!!! He doesn't promise that we will never have losses in this life (I know that first hand), but He does promise that He will never leave us alone....He will walk with us....He will strengthen us...He will heal us...He will restore joy to us....and He has wonderful plans for us!! And when my life is over, I have the promise of eternity with Jesus in Heaven. My Ryan made that choice.....and being with him will be one of the many other things that make Heaven "heaven" for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment