Welcome!


I'm glad you're here. Please make yourself at
home and enjoy this journey with me!


Friday, February 10, 2012

Take some time to be thankful for the people in your life...

There are some truly AMAZING people who have graced my life with their friendship and/or influence and wisdom. If I start listing them, sure as shootin', I'll miss the one that happens to read this blog. If that is you, maybe you'll be blogged about in the future.

One of the people that I truly admire is my brother, Tim. Granted, we're family, and he was my first "friend"...but it's more than that. My brother is a man of integrity. He's also a protector. He has alot of courage. He knows what it is to suffer, endure, and overcome. He works hard, loves his country, loves God, loves his family, cares about others, has a ridiculous sense of humor complete with his wonderful laugh, and is one of the world's biggest teddy bears when it comes to kids. He is as loyal a man as I have ever known. When he is your friend, he'll have your back. If he can help you out, consider it done. He has these three great dogs that think he hung the moon. I think I sorta agree with them. In fact, when it comes right down to it...I'd have to say he's one of my heroes. Along with everything else about him, my brother is a career police officer. I am very proud and very blessed to be his sister. My vocabulary cannot begin to describe how much I love that rascal....yes, rascal! He's also been my mean younger brother at times! But mostly, he's been my life-long friend!!

There's a lovely lady that I have known for about 12+ years. Our meeting happened because I was referred to her. I was in need of a great nail tech. What I got was a beautiful sister and friend! Her name is Debbie. She stopped being a nail tech several years ago, but her love, wisdom, and grace continue to touch my life. We are both involved in our respective churches and personal ministry pursuits, but thanks to the wonders of technology, we manage to be in touch. Debbie is the kind of friend that, no matter how long it is between times we've seen each other, when we do get a few moments it is as though no time has passed. I love her heart! She has one of the most brilliant smiles, and she is a person who truly understands the importance of speaking the Truth in love...and love is what she displays no matter where she is or what she's doing, or who she's with! She is so full of love and laughter and joy. She is full of God! She became a lifeline for me back in those days when we first met. I had suffered the loss of my son, and there were times when I sat across from her while she did my nails that she really did more for my broken heart than I have words to express. I will always love you, Debbie...my friend and my sister in Christ!

There are many people I could write about, but this blog would be far too lengthy for one reading. As I sit here thinking of these people, I am just grateful that they are a part of who I am. When we build relationships with people, there is always something they deposit in us. Sometimes we don't appreciate them until a life is cut short or a tragedy strikes. I want to write about those people periodically. I believe in giving honor to people while they live....what good is it to wait until it's too late for them to hear it?

So....I think that's all for now. I'm thankful for Tim and Debbie tonight. And if this blog makes you think about the people who have made a deposit in you, then I have accomplished something of value in its writing!

Appreciate someone today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment